Voter Education Toolkit
The Department of State (DOS) is working to promote public confidence in elections and educate voters about the elections in 2024. The Ready to Vote initiative aims to inform voters about key information about election deadlines and how to vote.
How You Can Help
As a partner of DOS, you can help spread the word about the changes via your communications channels, including social media, websites, newsletters, emails, etc. Specifically:
Explain how voting is now easier and more accessible for millions of Pennsylvanians. Voters now have more options, including:
Highlight the fact that voting systems are secure, accessible and auditable (vote.pa.gov/Security).
Position the PA Department of State as the trusted sources for election information:
General #ReadyToVotePA Material
You can use general #ReadyToVotePA material to let people know the voting experience in PA has changed and to direct them to vote.pa.gov for voting information. Here's a timeline of suggested actions to focus on:
- Voter registration
Request your mail-in or absentee ballot
- Register to Vote
- Request your mail-in or absentee ballot
- Promote voter registration deadline (April 8, 2024)
- Return your mail ballot as soon as possible
Learn about your county's voting system
Election – April 23, 2024
Download the Ready to Vote Toolkit
Poster and Flyer
Newsletter Graphics & Content
Social Media Graphics & Posts
Are you #ReadyToVotePA? Find out if you’re all set to cast your vote in the April 23 Primary Election: vote.pa.gov
📅 Mark your calendars with these important dates for the Primary Election on April 23, 2024. Visit vote.pa.gov to learn about mail-in voting, your voting systems and how you can get involved. #ReadytoVotePA
- PA voters can request a mail-in ballot without providing a reason. Voters can skip the lines on election day with mail-in voting. Read more about this convenient way to vote: vote.pa.gov/MailBallot #ReadyToVotePA
- Mail ballots must be RECEIVED by your county board of elections by 8 pm, April 23. Your ballot must be in the inner secrecy envelope & the pre-addressed outer return envelope where the voter must sign & date.
- The deadline to register to vote is now 15 days before an election. The voter registration deadline for the April Primary Election is April 8. Register today: vote.pa.gov/Register #ReadyToVotePA
Poll Worker Recruitment
The Pennsylvania Department of State would like your help recruiting poll workers to serve on Election Day. PA counties need dependable workers who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve to step up to the plate. You can help by recruiting members of your community on social media, with print posters and flyers, and via electronic communications.
The United States Election Assistance Commission (EAC) has designated January 30, 2024 as Help America Vote Day. They also designated August 1, 2024 as National Poll Worker Recruitment Day. These days of action are meant to assist poll worker recruitment efforts in communities across the country.
Download the Poll Worker Recruitment Toolkit